donderdag 7 juni 2012

down by the seaside..........daar bij de zee.......

Hello there,


Today some earlier made 'workshop' cards made for the Posthumus shop. They are all inspired by the theme of the sea and the beautiful IO stamps! They can all be bought at the Posthumus shop and you can see all the cards there too. In time I will show all of them here too.
With the first card I am joining the IO challenge 'by the sea', so if you are inspired too, join the challenge and create something sea like....... I've used the masking technique which I don't use often because often I am too lazy to cut out masks......the lines and sentiment are embossed with WOW platinum emboss. powder. The shells are stamped using the new Memento inks, they are great!

Hallo allemaal,

Vandaag wat eerder gemaakte 'workshop'kaarten gemaakt voor Posthumus. Ze zijn allemaal geinspireerd op het zee thema en de mooie IO stempels! Ze zijn allemaal te koop bij de Posthumuswinkel in Amsterdam. Daar kun je ook alle kaarten 'life' zien. Maar tzt. komen ze hier ook allemaal voorbij.
Met de eerste kaart doe ik mee met de IO challenge 'by the sea, dus als je ook bent geinspireerd, doe dan mee met de challenge en maak iets zee-achtigs.......Ik heb de masker techniek gebruikt die ik niet veel gebruik omdat ik vaak te lui ben om maskers te maken.....oh,oh.....de lijnen en de tekst zijn geembosst met WOW platinum emboss. poeder. De schelpen zijn gestempeld met de nieuwe Memento inkten, ze zijn prachtig!
I've used the following IO stamps/ ik heb de volgende IO stempels gebruikt:
Shell 2         - B1114
Shell 3         - C1115
sm.Shell 4    - A1254
Conch Shell - L4357
Nautilus       - F4345


On the 2nd card I've used some more shells mentioned here:
- Spiral shell  D4363
- Starfish      F4359
- sentiment   C5055

Here I've embossed with WOW emboss. powder Brass. I've stamped the shells with the same masking technique and used the new Memento colours. They are fab! The embossed shells are coloured with Tombo markers.


Hier heb ik geembosst met WOW poeder Brass. Ik heb de stempels met dezelfde masker techniek gestempeld en weer de nieuwe Memento inkten gebruikt. Ze zijn geweldig! De geembosste schelpen zijn ingekleurd met Tombo stiften.


The 3d card is also made with the same technique but very different colours which don't show very well on this photo but IRL much better.
I've used real aqua colours and fabulous WOW sparkle emboss. powders! I've used here the 'Hatteras lighthouse' F1174. Also stamped with Memento inks.


De 3e kaart is ook gemaakt met dezelfde techniek maar heel andere kleuren die in het echt veel mooier tot zijn recht komen dan op de foto.
Ik heb hier echte aqua kleuren gebruikt en prachtige glitter poeders van WOW! Hier heb ik de 'Hatteras vuurtoren' van IO gebruikt. F1174. Ook gestempeld met Memento inkten.

Till next time,

tot de volgende keer,

26 opmerkingen:

  1. Hoi Miranda,
    Wat een PRACHTIGE kaarten heb je gemaakt zeg!!!!!
    Ik hou zoooooo van schelpen en zeker in deze kleurcombi!
    Groetjes Patricia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Fantastisch mooie kaarten weer Miranda, en de stempels zijn ook super mooi!!

    Groetjes
    Maria

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hi Miranda, When I first saw all 3 cards and how lovely each one is, I was speechless! I love them all. What gorgeous designs! Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wat heb je mooie kaarten gemaakt Miranda...schelpen zijn best moeilijk vind ik, maar jouw creaties zijn weer top!

    groetjessss en toi toi, Alie :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. wow,schitterende kaarten heb je gemaakt!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Hi Miranda, these are all stunning, ! My favorite is the 2nd one, love the colours. It's funny you show cards with the masking technique as I just bought masking paper to play with it more :) Happy to see you joining the IO Challenge ! Good luck in the draw ! Warm Greetings, Shirleyx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Wow wow schitterend Miranda, echt heel mooi,
    groetjes Lia

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Is weer zulk SCHIT-TE-REND werk Miranda.Wat een mooie tafereeltjes en de bruine tinten, zo mooi.
    lieve groetjes Marja

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Het zijn weer supermooie kaarten, je zou zo zin in een dagje strand krijgen!

    Liefs, Annemiek

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. super mooie kaartjes, mooie kleuren en de schelpen zijn zooooooo mooi.

    groetjes jolande

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Wow Miranda these are so fresh and lovely xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Deze schelpenkaarten zijn zooo mooi! Groetjes, Gerrina

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. I love shell images & these are very striking. I know what you mean about masking but isn't it rewarding? I think the middle project is my favourite - that top conch shell is beautiful & love the sentiment.
    Paula (PEP)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. WAuwwwwwwwww wat een prachtige creatie's me de schelpen.
    heb zitten genieten achter m'n p.c.

    Groetjes Janny

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Three beautiful cards Miranda. I love shell images and these are so perfect. Such gorgeous colours and clever masking. Elaine x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. All 3 cards are fantastic, they look incredibly professional, definitely worth the effort in masking !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Miranda, your sea shell cards are beautiful! I love the colors you chose and the raised shells in the second card. Great work! I would love to see what you would create with my stamps one day :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. Beautiful cards - your seashells are incredible!!!! I will have to try embossing mine like you did!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. Love all of these cards! Great job masking to get this look! Really lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. Hi Miranda ! Congratulations on winning the challenge ! Well-deserved, I'm happy for you :) Have fun shopping. I hope all is OK with you, Warm Greetings, Shirleyx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. Miranda, I thought I had left a comment on these lovely cards yesterday, maybe Mr. Blogger was playing up. They are all beautiful, the masking is brilliant and I love your colour combinations. The second and third are my favourites, I love the blue version, and the depth of number two is just fabulous. Have a great day, hugs Judith xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. Wonderful cards Miranda - I love the sea, lighthouses and shells, so your beautiful cards tick all the boxes for me.

    Congratulations on winning the FYI challenge again - your card is fabulous, and the Lotus award is very well deserved.
    Have a happy weekend - Sylvia xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. Zijn ze.....in het eggie net zo mooi!

    Hintje hi,hi,....

    Warmste groet,
    Anietje x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. Doordat ik even tijd voor mezelf nodig had, heb ik deze prachtige kaarten gemist.
    Wat hebben ze een serene uitstraling.
    Respect voor je mooie kunstwerken Miranda.
    Groetjes Gery

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for your visit on my blog! Hope to have inspired you! Till next time, Miranda

Bedankt voor je bezoek aan mijn blog! Hoop dat ik je geïnspireerd heb!
Tot de volgende keer, Miranda

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

' DANCE'

While I dance I cannot judge,
I cannot hate, I cannot separate myself from life.
I can only be joyful and whole.
That is why I dance.”
~Hans Bos